The Appalachian Heritage Writers Symposium is directed by a committee comprised of faculty and staff members from Southwest Virginia Community College, members of the Appalachian Authors Guild and Associates, faculty from Concord University and community members from southwest Virginia as well as northeast Tennessee. If you are interested in serving, the committee welcomes your thoughts, ideas, and energy.
Since its inception, the Appalachian Heritage Writers Symposium has received both monetary and in-kind support from individuals and various businesses and organizations. Those who support the Symposium are recognized not only on the Symposium program but also through advertising and at the Symposium banquet.
Without the support and assistance of our annual co-sponsors of the Symposium we would not be able to bring the event to our region at such a reasonable rate for our attendees. They are as follows:
- Dominion Resources
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Appalachian Authors Guild, A Chapter of the Virginia Writers Club
- Virginia Writers Club
- Lost State Writers Guild
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Numerous Individual and Anonymous Donors
If you are interested in helping to support the Symposium, here are some sponsorship ideas to consider:
- one or more writing awards (Youth $25, $50, $75) (Adult $50, $75, $100)
- a meal or refreshments during the symposium – (breakfast, lunch or drinks for breaks, etc. averaging $25 to $50 per participant)
- the printing and/or distribution of the programs for the symposium $100
- a workshop $250
- the keynote $1000 to $2000
- advertising $100 to $200
There are numerous ways to help and we welcome your assistance. If you are interested in any of these sponsorships or have an idea of your own, please contact Vicki Fletcher or Teresa Yearout, and we’ll be happy to give you more detailed information.
Southwest Virginia Community College is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organizations. Gifts made may be tax deductible under the guidelines set by the IRS.
Donations to the Symposium are to be made payable to the SWCC Foundation and sent to:
Pauline Taylor, AHWS
King Community Center
Southwest Virginia Community College
P.O. Box SVCC
Richlands, VA 24641